Organizing Plot Points

A

aeroutt

I will try to explain what I'm trying to do the best I can without photo's please bare with me.

I have a point plot of two coordinates X and Y. It is roughly 450 individual points. The plot is from a leading edge of a wing, only about 10% of the cord length. The data that was pulled from a CAD program doesn't organize the points in a way I need them. I need the data organized so that it will plot the data starting at a point, (fourth quadrant of a cartesian plane plot)from this point I would like it to organize the data that it lists it by a 0.01'' step. (the vector length between each point). It does this until it reaches the last point in the first quadrant.

Basically I would like it to organize point coordinates into a line integral that has a 0.01'' step, in a counterclock wise fashion. This starts in the fourth quadrant bottom surface of the wing, ending at a point on the upper surface in the first quadrant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!

Ask a Question