Outbound message stuck

S

Skor

I am having a problem with an outbound message with a couple of jpgs as attachments. For some reason Outlook keeps on timing out on this one particular message, which is becoming a huge bottleneck for standard email correspondence. It says that it is preparing for sending or sending, but eventully I get errors. Ideally, I'd just like to kill this message, but can't figure out where to find the queued files.

The message looks something like this:
Task - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

In addition, I keep on getting a Mcaffee popup message saying that the message that is stuck could be a potential worm because it seems similar to other messages. I've scanned the whole PC and it comes us clean.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Outlook 2003

Ask a Question