Outgoing IMAP isn't working, can't change SMTP setting

M

Madagain

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: imap Can't send from IMAP account. It worked yesterday. No changes made on my end or host end (that they know of). Error message: -3259, An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic. I can send via web mail and my SugarCRM client. My incoming works fine. My outgoing set up is same as incoming, which is selected under the account and matches my hosting provider's instructions. My hosting provider doesn't see anything wrong; he suggested also overriding default port (25) but it won't take. I click and save and it is never selected when I reopen. I added a new account, per another suggestion on the forum, but the same problem exists. I've got the latest updates installed, and I've rebooted several times.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question