Outlook 07. Comcast ports...

S

Steven

I am using Outlook 2007, and am setting up an email address using the webmail from the domain name I own. I had mail.domainname.com for both incoming server and smtp, but since having some issues with sending and receiving emails, I switched my smtp to that of my isp: smtp.comcast.net. But, since comcast has port 25 blocked, I changed the smtp port to 587, the other port people have been using for comcast. I have found many success stories online from switching from port 25 to 587 for comcast users, but mine isn't one of them. When i test the settings, it successfully logs into the incoming mail server, but when asked for conformation of my account info to send the test email, my account and password are rejected. And i am positive I am using the correct account info.

It seems that Outlook is able to connect to the comcast smtp, but for some reason, my account info does not go through, and therefore I am stuck. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Ask a Question