Outlook 2003 using NTLM via VPN to Exchange 2003 issue

A

analoggers

Here is my setup:

Remote Site: WinXP SP1 on a new Dell laptop and Outlook 2003 with NTLM security. The user and computer are memebers of the domain.

Remote Connection: IPSec VPN over a DSL w/ Linksys firewall using NAT

Corporate Site: Win2003 and Exchange 2003, a member server of 2003 AD domain

Corporate Connection: Full T1 w/ a 3Com SuperStack III firewall using NAT

Problem: While using NTLM has enabled the remote user to successfully use his Outlook 2003 client over the VPN it has disabled him to access network resources (i.e. map drives, access UNC paths, etc.) on the corporate LAN unless he connects via the "Run As" command and the domain admin account (obviously this is not acceptable). Last month he had another Dell laptop running Win2k and Outlook 2003 (Kerberos/NTLM) and wasn't having any problems. I also have another remote user that is still running Win2k and Outlook 2003 (Kerberos/NTLM) on his Dell laptop and he is fine. If I put the problem user back with Kerberos/NTLM then he cannot use Outlook but he can access network resources.

Has anyone seen this before? I am running out of ideas and any help is very appreciated.

Ask a Question