Outlook 2007 not reading pst file

H

hallm

I am away from my local email server for several weeks and had a “read receipt” request that was stuck in my email outbox. Outlook would try and connect to my normal server when opened and it was getting stuck in a loop because but it could not send the receipt.

Opening the outbox did not show a receipt that I could delete. I used the instructions located here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm which removed the read receipt but also appeared to delete just about everything else associated with the outlook.pst file.

My outlook file still shows it still has a size of 460mb and if I run Stellar Phoenix Outlook Repair PST it shows me all of my missing email data. Sothe data is still there but Outlook does not see it.

My question is - have I just accidentally deleted some sort of table of contents or index which makes the file unrecognizable to Outlook?

If so can this be repaired simply without purchasing Stellar Phoenix and what steps would I need to take? Or do I bite the bullet and purchase the recovery software.

Thanks in advance.

Windows Vista

Outlook 2007

Mike

Ask a Question