outlook 2010 x64 freezing

A

Artsr3

After clean install of Win 7 Ultimate x64, and Office 2010 Professional Pro
x64, outlook freezes at some randomn rate. There is no error message.
Freezes a few seconds to minutes.

I suspect problem is with Windows 7 but can't prove anything.

HP dz9000CPO dual core x64 notebook
2 gig of ram

V

VanguardLH

Artsr3 said:
After clean install of Win 7 Ultimate x64, and Office 2010 Professional Pro
x64, outlook freezes at some randomn rate. There is no error message.
Freezes a few seconds to minutes.

I suspect problem is with Windows 7 but can't prove anything.

HP dz9000CPO dual core x64 notebook
2 gig of ram

What add-ons did you install into Outlook? Did you disable or uninstall
all those add-ons and retest? They might not have 64-bit versions.

Forums for Microsoft Office 2010
(still beta to non-subscribers of Technet or MSDN)

For IT professionals:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/officeitpro/

Everyone else:
http://answers.microsoft.com/office/

J

J A

I have a Dell Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz/8GBRAM Windows 7 Pro Ultimate 64-bit, Office 2010 Pro and Norton Antivirus installed on my computer.

My outlook kept freezing up for 3-5 minutes and sometimes even lock up when I tried to reply to all and forward emails. Same thing if I created a calendar item. For the past few months, I just dealt with the problem because I like many of the new features in Outlook 2010 and didn?t want to revert back to 2007 since I know I didn?t have these issues with 07.

Of course I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook, rebooted, started in safe mode, etc. (all the basic stuff) with no success. I even went as far formatting and reloading the OS (Win7 Pro 64-bit) and starting clean just in case a corrupted file wasn?t being replaced. No luck. Same issue. Then this morning I thought I would remove my virus protection (Norton Security Suite 4.0 from Comcast) and try McAfee. After removing Norton, Outlook 2010 worked perfect! No issues! Apparently there was something in Norton that was causing Outlook to freeze up.

I know there are a lot of people having issues and I?ve been on many forums where there isn?t a solution so many people are waiting for SP1 for Outlook 2010 (office 2010) for a solution.

Ask a Question