Outlook 365 delete confirmation not working even though the option is selected

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My first time posting here.

I've recently upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 365.

This morning I noticed I was no longer getting the prompt to confirm before deleting an email.

Ive checked the advanced \ other options and it is ticked.

Ive tried unticking and reticking the option as well as closing and reopening Outlook but its still not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Ian

Jez

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My first time posting here.

I've recently upgraded from Office 2010 to Office 365.

This morning I noticed I was no longer getting the prompt to confirm before deleting an email.

Ive checked the advanced \ other options and it is ticked.

Ive tried unticking and reticking the option as well as closing and reopening Outlook but its still not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Ian

The problem is simple. Microsoft do not have a clue about users. Obviously there should be an option to get a confirm before deleting an email. There isn't. I saw someone had made some VBA to try to script something - maybe it works, but most corporate environments won't allow that.

There is a useless option to get a confirm when 'permanently' deleting, but that is useless to man and beast because its too late.

Another uselessness of Outlook is that deleted items can not be sorted by date and time deleted, so if you do delete an email by mistake, it can be next to impossible to find it, especially if you were deleting something quite old and didn't notice the date - which of course you didn't, because you deleted it by mistake.

Its really sad because features like these were available in much older email packages, for good reason.

But hey ho - its no different to not being able to do obvious things in Excel, such as add some padding around cell contents.

And before anyone chimes in with useless responses and comments - please read what the actual problems are - nobody is helped by answers to what is not being asked.

Ask a Question