Outlook main UI edit needed, report spam button creation...

Reaction score
How can I create a customized button/Icon on all users Outlook Ribbon, within the enterprise, which allows them to highlight an email in their Inbox and have it accomplish the following actions? It must “Forward the email as an attachment” (This is to ensure all email headers are carried forward), have a pre-filled “To” and “Subject” lines to lessen users effort and also ensure proper identification. Lastly it must “Permanently Delete” the email from the user’s Inbox (Meaning it is deleted and not visible in the user’s “Deleted Item’s” folder”.

I have found a simple way to accomplish this entire function; however, from my research it is not possible to replicate it across to other user’s Outlook Ribbon interface. The process is contained in the Outlook “Quick Steps” section on the Outlook Ribbon. I am able to create a custom Quick Step icon that does each action perfectly and all from an automated dropdown, builder process. The problem is that, from my understanding, each custom “Quick Step” is maintained in each user’s PST and cannot be copied across each user’s profile. I know that simply exporting the Ribbon does not capture the “Quick Step” items. It would have to be physically created on each user’s Outlook profile. Perhaps a PowerShell script could be run to accomplish the creation within Outlook to build the “Quick Step”?

If the “Quick Step” option isn’t possible, I wonder how difficult it would be to build a custom script/macro, assign it to an icon on the Ribbon and have that be default on every user’s Outlook Ribbon. I have included images showing the creation of the custom “Quick Step” and what the Ribbon would look like with the two options. Keep in mind; I only want one successful option, option #1 or option #2, not both. A major point is that it must be able to be deployed across all Outlook users’ profiles or each Outlook executable within the enterprise.

Attachments

• Quick Step - Settings.JPG
    Quick Step - Settings.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Outlook Ribbon-Options.JPG
    Outlook Ribbon-Options.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 411

Ask a Question