outlook.pst not found (due to name change)

D

D Rowell

I installed Outlook 2003 on my laptop and had it set up to use a file, outlook.pst, which I moved and kept in the My Documents directory. Everything worked fine, and I would swap my pst file between desktop and laptop, depending on which machine I was using

Then I got a new desktop, and as part of a complicated reinstall, created a new file outlook03.pst and imported everything from the old outlook.pst file into it. Everything worked perfectly

So why am I writing this? I now copied the outlook04.pst file to the laptop and Outlook first of all panicked when it could no longer find outlook.pst, then happily (I thought) accepted the new file name

EXCEPT that every few minutes, it tells me it can't find outlook.pst. For example, any time I try to reply to a message, it tells me it can't find outlook.pst and doesn't let me reply

I tried to set everything everywhere I could find in Outlook to point to outlook03.pst. Problem persisted

And so I renamed the file on the laptop from outlook03.pst to outlook.pst. And then the program started complaining it couldn't find outlook03.pst!!

So I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it. Guess what - it still 'remembered' its old settings

HELP! How do I get it to 'forget' about outlook.pst and now accept outlook03.pst???

Needless to say, I discovered this immediately prior to going on a three week roadtrip. I'm panicking

Many thanks in advance for any assistanc

David.

Ask a Question