Overlay several grpahs into one

A

Aarshed1

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have several trials for experiments, that have the same units for the x and y values. But since the x values differ, I can't average the four trials out into one data point I can put on a line graph.

To sum it up, I need to overlay four trials, with different x and y values, into one line graph. I was told that just rearranging the five trials, as to have the x axis (voltage) increasing from 0 to 1 nanoamps regardless of the trail was incorrect and that I should "overlay" the four individidual graphs one excel. How do i do that??? I need help asap please!!

M

Mike Middleton

Use the XY (Scatter) chart type. Start with one data series (related set of X and Y values). Then add other data series with other pairs of X and Y values. Format each data series to have lines connecting the markers.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have several trials for experiments, that have the same units for the x and y values. But since the x values differ, I can't average the four trials out into one data point I can put on a line graph.

To sum it up, I need to overlay four trials, with different x and y values, into one line graph. I was told that just rearranging the five trials, as to have the x axis (voltage) increasing from 0 to 1 nanoamps regardless of the trail was incorrect and that I should "overlay" the four individidual graphs one excel. How do i do that??? I need help asap please!!

Ask a Question