PAGE BREAK

J

jdk

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I understand that we no longer have page break preview for easy dragging of page breaks. But I can't even get the page breaks I want by following the Help instructions; ie. selecting columns or rows and clicking on page break.
Page breaks continue to show up in unexpected, unselected places and there is not option available to remove them.

Help instructions also say that the page breaks will show in Normal view. They do not.

T

Todd Aton

Much of the page break functionality relies on where the data is on the
sheet. For example, if I switch to Normal view and put sample data in C3:N63
there are vertical page breaks between columns F and G and columns L and M.
If I hover my mouse over the dashed line separating columns L and M my
cursor changes to something that looks like a bracket with a left and right
arrowhead. I can click and drag that vertical page break to the left or
right. Say I drag it between columns J and K. Then I decide later that I
don't want a vertical page break there. I can click any cell in column K and
select Remove Page Break from the Insert menu and it is removed. The
behavior is similar for horizontal page breaks.

My question is: Can you follow along with the example I described?

Todd Aton
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, as to the
information in this post.

B

beag101

Sorry to hijack your question, but I am having the same issues. It appears that when I place a manual page break, the automatic ones do NOT re-paginate. For example, if I want a 2 lines from one page to show at the top of the next page - that's exactly what I get - 2 lines on the next page and the rest of that page is blank up to where the original automatic page break was starting on the page after that. I hope that makes sense.

Also, when I have set the page setup to fit a page to 1 wide (to better fit the page) by however many long the page breaks no longer show up in normal view. I expect that is your problem JDK.

Does anyone know how to get the rest of the pages to flow properly after a manual page break?

Thanks.

I

IE 101

Sorry to hijack your question, but I am having the same issues. It appears that when I place a manual page break, the automatic ones do NOT re-paginate. For example, if I want a 2 lines from one page to show at the top of the next page - that's exactly what I get - 2 lines on the next page and the rest of that page is blank up to where the original automatic page break was starting on the page after that. I hope that makes sense.

Also, when I have set the page setup to fit a page to 1 wide (to better fit the page) by however many long the page breaks no longer show up in normal view. I expect that is your problem JDK.

Does anyone know how to get the rest of the pages to flow properly after a manual page break?

Thanks.

I

IE 101

I am having similar problems... i.e., no repagination and when I specify that
I want one page wide.. it does not adjust. I cannot follow the directions
provided. I miss the handy drag and move function.. can we get it back?

C

Crysti

I'm having the same exact issue. I miss the Page Break View. I too have tried the HELP instructions, but like many, I don't get the brackets everyone is talking about. What now??? What can I do?

Ask a Question