Page jumping in Word

Reaction score
Cannot type any corrections in my script without it jumping to the blank page after the last page. Types fine on new blank pages. How do I correct that?

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
That suggests you've applied some form of protection to the existing content. Go to Developer|Restrict Editing and, if the 'Stop Protection' button appears in the lower-right portion of the screen, click on it.

Reaction score
That suggests you've applied some form of protection to the existing content. Go to Developer|Restrict Editing and, if the 'Stop Protection' button appears in the lower-right portion of the screen, click on it.
There are no restrictions. I can edit it 1 letter at a time. Every time I type 1 letter it jumps each time. Jumps even if I just hit backspace or anything to the blank page. I can go back and type another letter and it jumps each time. Very frustrating.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It's possible the document has acquired some of corruption. Corrupt documents can often be 'repaired' by inserting a new, empty, paragraph at the very end, copying everything except that new paragraph to a new document based on the same template (headers & footers may need to be copied separately), closing the old document and saving the new one over it.

Other than that, there may be some other problem with your system. Faulty printer & display drivers are possible culprits; you might try updating both with the latest drivers from the makers' websites.

Reaction score
If your document has odd/even Section page breaks, that could account for the behavior.

Ask a Question