Paper 6 x 9 inches

Reaction score
Amazon publishes only in 6x9 paper size, which can easily be done using Word. Is it not time that the Word Office rulers had a word with Amazon to rule that it will accept A5 size publications? None of the books on my shelf are A5. (And where can I get 6x9 paper for my own use?).

Converting a straight text document back and forth A5 to 6x9 is easy, but when the formatting is complicated it involves looking through the whole document to adjust where necessary.

I would have thought that Amazon being a publisher for the general public would accept the common A5 size that can be bought at any stationer.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Amazon is not a publisher - it's a retailer. Book publishers use any number of print formats - just look at the variety of book sizes in any public library. And, as you've observed, you can't readily purchase 6*9in paper.

Microsoft Word is a word-processing, not a publishing program and, as such, is preconfigured to work with the stationery most users have access to. You can easily define your own custom paper sizes, though - and you should do that before formatting the document for a different paper size.

Reaction score
Amazon is not a publisher - it's a retailer. Book publishers use any number of print formats - just look at the variety of book sizes in any public library. And, as you've observed, you can't readily purchase 6*9in paper.

Microsoft Word is a word-processing, not a publishing program and, as such, is preconfigured to work with the stationery most users have access to. You can easily define your own custom paper sizes, though - and you shou

Microsoft Word is a word-processing, not a publishing program and, as such, is preconfigured to work with the stationery most users have access to. You can easily define your own custom paper sizes, though - and you should do that before formatting the document for a different paper size.

You will have to go a long way to find a retailer who will allocate an ISBN number to your book and print it and bind it and design it and edit it and market it! Look up the definition of "publisher". And what a surprise: Microsoft Word is not a publishing programme!

If I want to print a copy of my book while I am working on it I have to create it for and print it on A5 because I do not have 6x9 paper.

Then to submit it to Amazon I have to rejig the text and graphics from A5 to 6x9. Then if I wish to print another copy for myself I have to reverse the process. Why Amazon cannot simply add A5 to its system I do not know.

macropod

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You seem to be content blaming everyone but yourself for your failure to learn how to do things properly.

Ask a Question