Pasting a Table from Excel to PP: please help!

V

viasarpimilano

hi everyone
I have no idea how to solve this

Let's assume I have a table in PowerPoint already formatted as I want, perfect to be printed

Let's assume I have to change some of the numbers in one column, and I haveall my new data in Excel, ready to be pasted in the PP table.

Is there any chance of pasting with the PP Table Format? even when i selectuse Destination Style, it doesnt do it

Another problem I have that really causes a lot of wasted time, is that after I paste from Excel in PP, it seems my data/ number in each cell are likewith a lot of blank space before then, meaning that the table's cell becomes taller because my numbers end up in a second line created by too much blank space. So I have to go in EACH cell and cancel the blank space.
Any way to solve this? what is the reason of this?

thanks a lot in advance

Reaction score
Copy the cells you want to paste from Exce, then select all the cells in the PPT Table you want to change, Do Ctrl + Shift + C (this will copy the formatting of PPT cells you want to change) then do Ctrl + V, then do Ctrl +Shift + V (this will paste the format you have copied earlier). Now the PPT cell data will change but the formatting will remain same.

For your second problem, select the cells in which extra spaces are there, do Ctrl + R, Ctrl + L, Ctrl + E, this will remove all the unnecessary spaces. (I have no answer for why this was caused and how it was removed, but it works)

Ask a Question