PC Word 2003 & 2007 don't display text created in Mac Word 2008

L

Lynsun

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I create a doc (2003 version) in Word for Mac 2008. I email it as an attachment. Recipients running Word for PC 2003 and 2007 miss whole sentences and phrases.

Example:
excerpt from Mac Word 08: "Craig Smith, Glen Holden, Owen Archer, Lynne Gray....." Saved as .doc.

In PC Word 2003 AND 2007, it appears as :Craig Smith, , , Lynne Gray....".

I still run a PC with Word 2007, so I emailed it to myself to confirm what my recipients were telling me. It does indeed appear as above in my Word 2007. Oddly, when I use the preview feature in Outlook 2007, the names are not missing, and it looks just like I originally composed it in Mac Word 2008.

I'll be writing lots of reports on my new MacBook, and need them to be correct when emailed!

C

CyberTaz

What you describe suggests that you're missing at least one of the more
recent updates to Office 2008. The current level should be 12.1.4, so have a
look at the version indicated in Word> About Word & use Help> Check for
Updates to make sure.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

L

Lynsun

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I do have the current update. Spent 2-1/2 hours on phone with tech support (used one of my two free support calls), uninstalled & reinstalled Word, only to discover that when I accept autofill from the Entourage contacts the name won't come through on a PC. When I don't accept the autofill (type on through it), the document appears as it should on a PC. So, we turned off that check box in the Word preferences. Seems cockeyed, I should be able to use the features...seems MS would want Mac users to be able to use the features built in to their programs. Oh, well, this is good as it gets, and I still love my new Mac (just moved from PC, will never go back.

Ask a Question