Pictures do not print for "print current page"

O

one_hoop

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

This problem is when I attempt to "print current page" with Word2008 on my OSX10.4 PPC. The output has blank space where the pictures were. This goes for the print preview as well, so it occurs when I attempt to generate a pdf by the "print current page". I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before figuring out that it was a bug with Word. The work-around is to generate a pdf of the whole document and then use that to print the desired page. Obviously this is a huge waste of time when revising parts of a large document, but it works (unlike Word).

While I like the Adabi condensed fonts, the Office2008 update has been very frustrating on many different levels. The interface is improved and file sizes are smaller, but I'm thinking of reverting... certainly glad that I didn't drop $76 on this piece of junk seeing how it is responsible for me wasting several hours last night (it's a work copy).

C

CyberTaz

Although I appreciate your aggravation there are at least 2 related key
points you're don't seem to be taking into consideration :)

1- There are no "pages" in a Word document file - the objects inserted are
attached to a *paragraph* as either inline or floating, and

2- Pagination is imposed by the printer driver so depending on which printer
is being used the flow of content is subject to change... IOW, its possible
that the printer sees the image as being attached to a different paragraph
than those being printed on the "page" you think it should be on. This is
more likely to happen if the document is composed while one printer is
selected then a different printer is actually used for the job.

One suggestion is to try using the From: option to specify the page to be
printed rather than using Selection, so if the page is #4 print From:4 To:4
to see if that makes for any improvement.

You may also want to have a look at this page as well as the relevant links
to articles on Floating graphics & the Draw layer:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/PagesInWord.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

G

Glenda

I have the same problem - the graphics do not show in preview - and do not print when - pages, or current page is selected. It is just in certain documents- the same pages cut and pasted into another document will allow me to select pages or current page etc and print. It's not to do with the printer and the whole document prints fine. Something in particular documents is set up which causes the problem.

J

Jane Stein

We have just developed the same problem. Other similar documents (it's a curriculum) are fine. Copying and pasting a single section works fine. I found some similar problems on other forums from earlier in the year. Ay!

C

CyberTaz

Hi Glenda;

I'm thinking that you might be seeing evidence of some degree of corruption
in the documents where this occurs. It doesn't have to be serious enough to
be noticeable on screen but still can effect certain other aspects of the
behavior. You might try the suggestions here to see if they correct it:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DocumentCorruption.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

D

difrance

I have used Word for Windows for a decade and this has NEVER happened...yet you make it sound like we have done something wrong? Word for Mac is apparently different.

Ask a Question