Pivot Table Field - Recover Hidden Items

R

Robert_Lively

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

When editing a PivotTable Field it is possible to hide items from being listed in the drop down box of from being displayed in the table area. However, once I have hidden an item I cannot get that particular field to display all of the items again.

If I use the cmd-click and deselect the hidden item the interface acts as though it has processed the request. However, after clicking OK the item does not appear. Going back into the PivotTable Field edit interface the item shows as still being selected to be hidden.

If I select some other item it becomes hidden and the original item is now visible. But at no time can I get excel to display ALL of the items for that particular field.

I have taken to including a blank row in my pivot data source so that I can elect to hide the BLANK item.

Any help would be appreciated.

S

sthomas

I have seen this too. This appears to be a bug in 2008. I did not have this problem in 2004.

Ask a Question