Pointers for some google searches? Batch document processing

Reaction score
Hello there, thanks for reading!

I would like to ask this community for pointers for a google search. I do know what I want to find, but I'm not sure which search terms will get me there!

I need to batch process some documents written in MS Word 2013. Each document is a list of 60 questions, numbered from 1 to 60. Each question has four alternative answers, listed from "a" to "d".

I need to accomplish two goals. First, I need the computer to create one alternative version of each document. The first new versión should list questions 21-40 as 1-20, 21-60 as 41-60 and 41-60 as 1-20. The questions do not vary, but its location in the document will.

The second thing I need to do is to sort the alternative answers (a,b,c and d) from longest (in characters) to shortest.

I'm pretty sure this can be done, and maybe even easily. But I'm not quite sure how to make a google search in order to get some tutorials or examples. Can this be achieved using macros? Should I use Virtual Basic tools? Is this out of reach for Microsoft Word and should I hire a programmer?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated

Again, thanks for reading...!

Ask a Question