populate field based on selection in dropdown

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope someone is able to help me with a project I'm working on.

I have a form, and have a drop down where users select the month.
Then there are 3 sections in the form, The first is for the month after, then 2 months, and then 3 months.

What I'm trying to do is, when they select a month at the beginning. I want a text box in each month section to auto populate with the correct month.

For example, if they chose August.
Then the section 1 text box would populate with 'September'
Then section 2 'October'
Section 3 'November'

I've been doing some reading online and tried to get help on another forum. On another forum they said to use an XML file.
<months>
<month>
<index>1</index>
<name>January</name>
</month>
<month>
<index>2</index>
<name>February</name>
</month>
<month>
</months>

and when a month is selected in the dropdown, the text fields look at the xml and add to the number to get the correct month. But I can't figure out how to do it, and now when I asked for more clarification the response was this was really easy and if I want more help I have to pay for it.. :(

I also thought is it possible to add If/else type statements to the default fields of the text boxes?

Something like

IF 'drpdownfield' = 'January'
default value would be 'February'
Else If ('drpdownfield' = 'February'
default value 'March'

but that seems like a lot of extra coding, but if it works I'll do that.

This functionality is something they really want on their form, so I've been trying to figure this out, but just not getting.

I hope someone can help.

Ask a Question