PowerPoint 2008 Inserting Multiple Pictures - specific question

B

BRRC

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Specific question:

I use Photoshop Elements 6.0 to design images for projected presentations.

Before I switched to Mac (from PC), I could use the photo album feature to insert multiple images into PowerPoint - each to its own individual slide - and thus create a presentation.

Clearly, that feature doesn't exist in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac.

It's not a matter of simply using iPhoto to create a photo slideshow. It needs to be in PowerPoint.

Is there a work around that anyone knows of -- or an Apple Script utility -- that would allow me to either import into PowerPoint 2008 for Mac or export to PowerPoint 2008 for Mac multiple .jpeg images, each to its own slide?

Thanks.

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

Specific question:

I use Photoshop Elements 6.0 to design images for projected presentations.

Before I switched to Mac (from PC), I could use the photo album feature to insert multiple
images into PowerPoint - each to its own individual slide - and thus create a presentation.
Clearly, that feature doesn't exist in PowerPoint 2008 for Mac.

It's not a matter of simply using iPhoto to create a photo slideshow. It needs to be in PowerPoint.

Is there a work around that anyone knows of -- or an Apple Script utility -- that would allow
me to either import into PowerPoint 2008 for Mac or export to PowerPoint 2008 for Mac multiple
.jpeg images, each to its own slide?

If you still have a copy of PPT 2004 or older, Jim Gordon has a nice add-in that should do you
proud, or you can use the code here to roll your own:

BATCH IMPORT images into PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00050.htm

(there's a link to Jim's add-in on this page, by the way)

In theory, someone could do this with 2008 in Applescript. I don't know that anyone has
though. If you're up for the challenge, you could start with the VBA on the page above. Paul
Berkowitz wrote a truly masterful series of articles for Mac World on moving from VBA to
Applescript ... it's available on their site at no charge.

Ask a Question