PowerPoint 2008 Sound Problem on an IMac

J

jzach52

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have a slide in a .ppt presentation on which I have inserted THREE different mp3 sounds so that when I am playing the presentation I can click on the sounds in sequence to play the sounds. The sounds appear as loud speaker icons on the side of the slide. When that slide comes up and I click on the first icon it always plays OK. When I try to click on the second icon the "hand" pointer turns to an arrow and won't play the second sound. Same thing with the third sound. I have tried aiff, mp4, mp3 and m4a formats but still have the sound problem. I didn''t used to have that problem in PowerPoint 2004 Mac but do on PowerPoint 2008. Any suggestions?

P

Priyanka

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I have a slide in a .ppt presentation on which I have inserted THREE different mp3 sounds so that when I am playing the presentation I can click on the sounds in sequence to play the sounds. The sounds appear as loud speaker icons on the side of the slide. When that slide comes up and I click on the first icon it always plays OK. When I try to click on the second icon the "hand" pointer turns to an arrow and won't play the second sound. Same thing with the third sound. I have tried aiff, mp4, mp3 and m4a formats but still have the sound problem. I didn''t used to have that problem in PowerPoint 2004 Mac but do on PowerPoint 2008. Any suggestions?

Are you having these problems with files created/saved using 2004? Or
does this happen with new files created on 2008 as well?
If it is the first case can you share this file?

Thanks!
-Priyanka

Ask a Question