Powerpoint breaking text on wrap still!!!!

B

BillB-12345

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I am still having problems with powerpoint files that I receive from others having word wrap issues. The best way to state this is the following.

If the sentence in the text box is this one, the
text should wrap this way.

However, the text is wrap does this, note the break of the word TEXT.

If the sentence in the text box is this one, the te
xt should wrap this way.

This has been a feature, I mean bug, of PP for too long. Any word on how to make this stop or when the bug fix will come in?

I am willing to email my file to the Microsoft Support team for them to see what the problem is.

B

BillB-12345

Forgot to add, that when you add a new text box to the file, it does the same thing, that is wrap text incorrectly.

If I start a new file, I have no problems with the wrap.

B

BillB-12345

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

That has resolved the issue.

The issue is that the Asian Fonts were causing the issue that you stated and were following Japanese rules for word wrap.

From the website that was sited:

In PowerPoint 2007:

Go to Start | Programs | Office | Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office 200X Language Settings.
Choose Japanese and add it to "enabled languages."
Then start PowerPoint, open your file, and choose the text box in question.
Go to Home | Paragraph | click the icon in the lower right corner of the Paragraph group to open the Paragraph formatting dialog box.
Go to the Asian Typography tab of the Paragraph dialog box.
Remove the checkmark next to "Allow Latin text to wrap in the middle of a word."

Ask a Question