PowerPoint Crash when showing slides

D

dougweil

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I have just put together my first PP presentation, and everything works well except when I go to the slideshow mode, PowerPoint crashes and the program end.

I need to get this working by Thursday night. Any suggestions??

Doug

H

hunter3740

I have the same issue with PowerPoint 2008 (a.k.a. v12); but my problem *specifically* relates to using two non-mirrored monitors (i.e. if only using one monitor or mirroring the two, all is fine). I've reproduced this problem on two Mac Pros and several MacBook Pros (using both Mini DisplayPort and DVI, but DVI seems to sometimes work?).

Hoping for an Office update soon (higher than 12.1.9), but my temp solution is to go backwards and use PowerPoint 2004 (a.k.a. v11).

Note: I tried, but I can't seem to *not* use the "Presenter Tools" mode with a two (non-mirrored) monitor setup: if I select "Slide Show", still ends up as "Presenter Tools". How do I turn that off without having to mirror the monitors (or drop down to just one) before I start the show? Also note: the same is true for PowerPoint 2004 (v11), but at least it doesn't crash (regardless of using one or two monitors, or mirroring).

A

Aholowka

I haver seen this too.....ONly occurs on 10.4.

This worked:

(can use root GUI instead of single user mode if you feel like it)

Step one: Copy OpenGL.framework from /System/Library/Frameworks on a known
working machine to a USB stick, or something similar. Rename the copy to
OpenGL.framework.old.

Step two: Copy OpenGL.framework.old to your broken MacBook.

Step three: Reboot in Single User mode.

Step four: /sbin/mount -wu / to get write access to the root volume.

Step five: cd to /System/Library/Frameworks

Step six: mv OpenGL.framework
to OpenGL.framework.bak

Step seven: mv OpenGL.framework.new to OpenGL.framework
restart

____

Can also be done in Firewire disk mode......

Ask a Question