Powerpoint crashes opening a file created prior to upgrade

S

swoerner

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I just upgraded to 12.2 and tried to open a ppt file I created prior, and it crashes as soon as I open it. It stays open long enough for me to see that it now displays russian characters as if the font changed. I have tried removing duplicate fonts, deleting plist files, etc, and I still have the problem.

Scott

S

swoerner

I just upgraded to 12.2 and tried to open a ppt file I created prior, and it crashes as soon as I open it. It stays open long enough for me to see that it now displays russian characters as if the font changed. I have tried removing duplicate fonts, deleting plist files, etc, and I still have the problem.
To be clear, this is a PPT file, not PPTX, originally saved as PPT.

M

MarcosM

Hi Scott,

Can you send me a copy of your file? You can email it directly to me at (e-mail address removed). Please include as many details as you can regarding how the file was created (i.e. from new blank template or reused an existing presentation) and the version of PowerPoint you were using prior to 12.2.

Thanks,

Marcos Montenegro
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft Corp.
This posting is provided *AS IS* with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

I

Iggles14

After backing up 12.1.9, I downloaded and installed 12.2.0. I am able to open about half my files. I can't find any pattern. Some files that I've updated within the past week open and others don't. Some files that I haven't touched in a month or two open and others don't. Some were small, others large. Really bizarre.

Ask a Question