PowerPointShow not playing on other computers

M

MaxChick

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Hi, I've created a PPS for a client presentation. It has 3 movies in it. The recipient is also a mac user, but the movies will not play when they go to view the presentation. The message is that the original movie file cannot be found. Do they have to have the original movie files on the hard drive.

If I create the presentation as a powerpoint movie, will that solve the problem?

Many thanks,

Maxchick

S

Steve Rindsberg

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Hi, I've created a PPS for a client presentation. It has 3 movies in it. The recipient is also a
mac user, but the movies will not play when they go to view the presentation. The message is that
the original movie file cannot be found. Do they have to have the original movie files on the hard
drive.

Put the movie files in the same folder as the PPT file THEN insert them.
Then when you send the PPT/PPS to your client, make sure to include the movie files and instruct
them to put them in the same folder as the PPT/PPS at their end.

That should do it.

M

MaxChick

Hi Steve, thank you for that. I've just tried it as a powerpoint movie, and that seems to also be working, but if the client still can't open it, then I'll try this. Many thanks Maxchick.

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Hi Steve, thank you for that. I've just tried it as a powerpoint movie, and that seems to also be working, but if the client still can't open it, then I'll try this. Many thanks Maxchick.

Hi,

You can save yourself some work if you use File > Save As > PowerPoint
Package, and then distribute the package folder. PowerPoint will copy
any liked media to the Package folder and make a copy of the
presentation in that folder - with all of the proper links.

-Jim

Ask a Question