.pps - no sound

L

lenir_drake

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Power Point: 11.5.1
Mac OS X 10.4.11
Often my Macbook crashes when I open a .pps document received with an e-mail.
When it doesn't crash, it will freeze and I have to use force-quit to close Power Point.
If a save the document in .ppt format, by erasing .pps and typing .ppt, therefore renaming the document on the desktop, I can then open it and see the slides one by one by clicking on their titles on the column on the left of the screen, but still there will be no sound.
I can view the .pps as a google document (I use .gmail) where again, I just get the images, but no sound.
If I save it as a Web page, again, just images, no sound.
The same .pps document plays well in my friends' PC when I forward it to them.
I know this issue has been raised before and some people were able to go around it, for example:
Yves following Enric Mañas instructions to save the .pps file as a Web page and make some changes, but I got stuck after I saved the Web page on the desktop; or
Ken Schroer following Steve Rindsberg to download Audacity, etc.. I did download Audacity, but that is how far I went. Nothing else worked.
It's very well possible that my computer knowledge doesn't reach the level of Yves and Ken's and I'm not following the instructions correctly.
This issue has being discussed for a long time. Any new, simple fix, anyone?
thanks!

B

Beegirl

It is entirely possible that the person sending the pps failed to embed the music in the ppt. Therefore, it may not be an issue with your puter but rather operator error on the sender's part.

When you explore the file itself, are the sound files included in the pps that you got?

L

lenirdrake

All I know is that the sound plays on PC's but it doesn't in my Mac. Can you tell me how I should go about to check if the sound was embedded in the .pps I received, or not?
Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question