PPT to DVD

G

Gramma

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I successfully converted my ppt presentation to iDVD by following instructions from Jim in another fourm. However, I don't hear the music in iDVD that I hear when I run the presentation in PPT. How do I get the audio file to iDVD so that I can burn it??

Thanks, Sharon

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I successfully converted my ppt presentation to iDVD by following instructions from Jim in another fourm. However, I don't hear the music in iDVD that I hear when I run the presentation in PPT. How do I get the audio file to iDVD so that I can burn it??

Thanks, Sharon

Hi Sharon,

What was the source of the music? Was it iTunes, a CD, a sound file of
some type?

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
The number of new Mac users has skyrocketed. That’s excellent. In this
forum all answers come from other users, not from Microsoft employees.
Please help answer questions.

If you see an unanswered question that you know the answer to, please
take just a moment to post the answer. Doing so speeds response time for
people who come here and need fast responses.

If you see an answer that might be wrong or that you can answer better,
hop right in and offer your thoughts. Don’t berate a wrong answer –
we’re all here trying to help each other.

Don’t bother with questions you’re not quite sure about or don’t know about.

Please take just a moment to help fellow Mac users. Your efforts will be
appreciated greatly - especially by those you help.

G

Gramma

Hi Jim,

Thanks for checking in on me!! I used iTunes application where I had mp3 files. The CD track (mp4) that I used wouldn't work, so I downloaded that song from Limewire. I believe all the music was at some point downloaded from Limewire or another online source; not an iTunes download, however. The music plays perfectly through the PPT presentation, but no sound in the iDVD application. I did fast forward and check the rest of the application, and none of the songs played.
Thank you,
Sharon

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Jim,
I also opened the ppt.mov in QuickTime Pro. No sound there as well.
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

In PowerPoint 2008 the sound track is not automatically saved with the
presentation when using save as movie.

Use File > Save As Movie and then click the Movie Options button in the
Save As dialog box. In the middle is a Media Settings section with a
Background Soundtrack button. Change it from None to Select Soundtrack.

-Jim

G

Gramma

Good Morning Jim,

Thanks, that did work great for the first song, but when it reached the spot for the second song......nothing. PPT won't let me select a playlist from iTunes. Is there a way to make "my album" and select all?

Thanks for your help,
Sharon

G

Gramma

OK!! I GOT IT!! Using GarageBand or a similar application, I put all the songs in order that I wanted to use. Then save as whatever I want to call it, and then use the Movie Option button in the Media Settings to call it up. Granted it is a really LONG song, but it reads as one soundtrack.

Unfortunately, the movie does not include transitions when converting to iDVD. It has to be saved as a pps or some other type depending on which ppt program my son has.

G

Gramma

Hi Jim, I have the answer to the song transfer. I posted it so someone else can use it as well.

J

Jim Gordon MVP

OK!! I GOT IT!! Using GarageBand or a similar application, I put all the songs in order that I wanted to use. Then save as whatever I want to call it, and then use the Movie Option button in the Media Settings to call it up. Granted it is a really LONG song, but it reads as one soundtrack.

Unfortunately, the movie does not include transitions when converting to iDVD. It has to be saved as a pps or some other type depending on which ppt program my son has.

Hi again,

Unfortunately, one of the unimprovements of Office 2008 was the new
inability to capture certain transitions and animations.

If you want full fidelity you can achieve that by using SnapZPro by
Ambrosia software to capture the slide presentation as it plays.

-Jim

G

Gramma

Hi again,
Unfortunately, one of the unimprovements of Office 2008 was the new
inability to capture certain transitions and animations.

If you want full fidelity you can achieve that by using SnapZPro by
Ambrosia software to capture the slide presentation as it plays.

-Jim

Hi again, Jim!!

I did download SnapZProX2 and gave it a try. What an awesome program! Unfortunately it is not as of yet compatible with PowerPoint (page 61 of their manual). If fixed, it will allow sound as well as transitions and video. Unless you know of a way to capture the PPT presentation without the whole screen of slide shots etc, I'm not sure this project is possible right now. Say, does the 2004 version of PowerPoint allow transitions to be picked up by iDVD? I can always uninstall my 2008 update....

Thanks as always,
Sharon

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Hi again, Jim!!

I did download SnapZProX2 and gave it a try. What an awesome program! Unfortunately it is not as of yet compatible with PowerPoint (page 61 of their manual). If fixed, it will allow sound as well as transitions and video. Unless you know of a way to capture the PPT presentation without the whole screen of slide shots etc, I'm not sure this project is possible right now. Say, does the 2004 version of PowerPoint allow transitions to be picked up by iDVD? I can always uninstall my 2008 update....

Thanks as always,
Sharon

Hi,

As it turns out PowerPoint does have the ability to present a slide show
and not have it play in full screen. Here's what you do:

View > Customize Menus and Toolbars
Commands Tab
Categories: pick View
Commands: Drag "Slide Show In A Window" to a toolbar and then let go.
You should see the new command in the toolbar
Click OK

There you have it! SnapZPro will have no trouble capturing everything
including the sound.

-Jim

G

Gramma

EXCELLENT! AWESOME! FANTASTIC! The best $70 I ever spent was to get that SnapZPro program! With your help, I got everything running smoothly. It's taking a little practice and tweaking, but my project is going to turn out exactly as I want!

Thank you so much for your time and patience!
Sharon

C

CyberTaz

<snip>
As it turns out PowerPoint does have the ability to present a slide show
and not have it play in full screen.
<snip>

As another alternative you can use Slide Show> Set Up Show to select the
"Browsed by an individual (windowed)" option for the show.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

G

Gramma

Bob,
Thank you! I'm going to try that as well and see what gives me the best results. I can use all the help I can get!
Thank you,
Sharon

Ask a Question