Presentation view on two video cards: PPT locks up!

R

Reid_Bailey

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

flyingcactus
Jun 17, 2008
9:02am
Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel
I have two video cards installed on a machine with one monitor plugged into one video card and two monitors plugged into the other card. When I go to present a PPT slideshow, the program will lock up the machine, even force quite wont respond. I have to push the button to turn off the computer... sometimes I can force quit w/o a restart, but rarely.

So, I tried using only two monitors and not three...

When I have one monitor plugged into each video card, the same problem occurs.

When I plug two monitors into only one graphics card, the program runs normally.

The video cards are the ones that came on my Mac Pro -- they are NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB of GDDR3 memory, PCI Express 2.0, one Mini DisplayPort, and one dual-link DVI port.

I have run the update software functions on both my MAc and on Microsoft OFfice.

I saw one other post like this... but no resolution. IS anyone else having this problem??!!!

C

clinthawkins

I'm betting my post is the other one... I've had this request out since April and no replies. The only was I've been able to work is to turn off my second screen and mirror the displays to see how my full screen presentation looks.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps, i.e. remove everything else hardware-wise, no other running apps, fresh restart. It's truly and entirely a MS Powerpoint problem.

One would hope a moderator or Microsoft employee might chime in, but no luck.

I guess I could spend bueckoo bucks to call tech support, but I'm sure it wouldn't help much until they patch the problem with dual Nvidias

Ask a Question