Presetting animations

W

Wings

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have a document, 500+ slides long, the animations on all of them are different and I want to standardize them.
The slides are very basic (ie. just title and text) and I only want the animations to be; title - appear with previous, text - appear in paragraphs/sentences on click. Is there anyway I can set a default animation to apply to all? Or do I have to go to each slide and set them individually?

T

the_presentation_guy

Hey Wings, This could be bad news, depending on how the 500+ show was created. If it was done "conservatively" with text entered into the appropriate title and bullet point fields of the slides, you are going to be happy. What you do is create a new "target" presentation, which can just be a copy of the existing presentation. Go to the Slide Sorter and delete all slides. Go to the Master View and set up the title and bullet points to animate the way you want. Go back to your source presentation's Slide Sorter and copy all the slides. Go to the Slide Sorter of the updated target presentation and paste all the slides in. It should adapt the new slides to the new animation. But if the slides in the target were done just by creating text boxes, PowerPoint has no idea how to animate them when you copy them in. Good luck.

Ask a Question