Printing without drop shadow?

G

GM80

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

At our church, we use a PowerPoint master with drop shadows behind all the text.

On WINDOWS, if we print in black and white, the drop shadows do not print. This gives us a nice clean black text on white background hard copy.

On MAC, the drop shadows always print and it looks absolutely terrible. I realize that, in a way, this is "correct" since we have them in the master, but we have built a workflow around the fact that they DON'T print in Windows.

How can I get rid of them in the printed version, short of removing the drop shadow from the master (not an option)?

J

Jim Gordon MVP

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Power PC

At our church, we use a PowerPoint master with drop shadows behind all the text.

On WINDOWS, if we print in black and white, the drop shadows do not print. This gives us a nice clean black text on white background hard copy.

On MAC, the drop shadows always print and it looks absolutely terrible. I realize that, in a way, this is "correct" since we have them in the master, but we have built a workflow around the fact that they DON'T print in Windows.

How can I get rid of them in the printed version, short of removing the drop shadow from the master (not an option)?

Hi

There's a couple ways to do go about this.

Sounds like there's times you want the shadows and times you don't.

Have you tried making two different themes and applying one or the other
for each occasion?

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are independent experts who are not affiliated with Microsoft.

Visit my blog
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-i7JMeio7cqvhotIUwCzaJWq9

Ask a Question