Problem changing global font size on my spreadsheet.

J

Joanneb

I use a MAC OS X 10.5.8 and am running Excel 2008 12.2.1. I copy/pasted a spreadsheet from one file to another (both were created on this version of Excel and on this machine). Now I see that my font sizes vary from 9 pt to 10 pt. When I highlight multiple cells, the font shows as 9 pt. I can see they are different. The only way I can change the size is to highlight each separate cell in the formula bar and change it from 10 to 9. Why can't I do this by highlighting the entire range? In addition, when I go through these motions, Excel changes the font color from black to gray!Anyone know what the issue is? I have 50 spreadsheets and no time to highlight every cell to fix this! Thanks!

C

CyberTaz

One possible factor: Your installation of Office is 2 updates behind. Before
chasing any symptoms it would be best to use Help> Check for Updates, run
Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, then restart your Mac. If the
problem persists once all is updated reply with any additional details you
can supply.

FWIW, no matter how many cells you select there is only 1 'active' cell in
the range. If the cells have differing font sizes the size indicated is the
size used in the active [unshaded] cell.

J

joanneb

Thanks. I went through those steps. I also tried this: I opened a new, blank spreadsheet (whole new file), copied the table into the new one. The font defaulted to 9 pt (which is good) on the new spreadsheet. I then highlighted that, copied it back to the original sheet and, poof, it went pack to a mixture of 10 and 9.

Ask a Question