Problem Connecting to Sharepoint Server

D

Dan Zruna

I'm having trouble getting the SharePoint features to work with Project Server 2003. When I log into Project Web Access the following message displays in the home page under Risks and Issues

"There is a problem establishing a connection with the Web server running Windows SharePoint Services. Contact your system administrator.

When I try to link a document to a task I receive the following message

"The documents, risks and issues features in Project Web Access use Windows SharePoint Services
A Windows SharePoint Services site needs to be created for your project before you can share project documents or track project risks and issues. Site creation takes a few minutes, so if the project was just published, wait a few minutes and then visit the page again. Otherwise, contact your server administrator.

I'm running the following configuration
Windows 2003 Server (DC) running Project Server 2003 and SharePoint Services 2.
Windows 2003 Server (DC) running SQL Server 2000 and Analysis Server

I have reinstalled my server three times now and follow the installation instructions exactly. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I evaluated Project Server a few years ago and ended up not going with it because of configuration problems and things that just didn't work. Is the new 2003 version any better

Ask a Question