Problem installing 'Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB870765)'

J

Jonty R P

Clear DayHello All,
I'm having problems installing the above mentioned Update for Outlook 2003. I have downloaded the Update file from the Office Update Downloads Catalog and when I try running it the following error message appears:
Product: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 -- Error 2902. An internal error has occurred. (ixfAssemblyCopy )

This error is also logged in the Application Event log, in the Computer Management Console. The Event Source is MsiInstaller and the event number is 10005.
There is also a second error message with the following text:
Product: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - Update 'Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB870765)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\DOCUME~1\Jonathan\LOCALS~1\Temp\OHotfix\OHotfix(00001)_Msi.log.

This event is also logged as an MsiInstaller Source and has an Event number of 1023.
The log file mentioned is 2.09Mb in size, so I don't want to post that to this forum right away. If anyone needs it to help solve this problem please let me know and I'll post it.

This problem started before I started having the problems mentioned in my second e-mail about the 'Missing MSP Files', so I'm pretty sure it isn't related to that.

Thanks again for your help.

Jonathan.

C

CurlyRed

I found this in another post and it worked for me. I have XP-SP2 installed
and Office 2003 Pro. I did a repair if the installation as it described and
then the junk mial update worked fine. Hope this helps.

"The answer to a failed installation of KB870765 is contained in The
Knowledge Base article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884186
Basically we must all have been running incomplete installations of
SP1. After running repair I found the update ran successfully."

Ask a Question