Problem wit deploying Outlook Add-in

E

escamoteur

Hi,

I have my first .net Outlook Add-In (Beta) finished and it runs great on my machine. I wanted to give it some friends for testing
but it fails to run.
It reports a COM-Error when trying to activate it.

So it get's installed correctly, all registry settings are there. I guess it's a missing COM object or wrong version of the .net
framework. How can I figure out what the problem is?

When I try to install it on a fresh Windows Vista or Windows 7 System with just Office 2007 SBE everything works fine.

Best
Tom

B

Baji

Hi,

I have my first .net Outlook Add-In (Beta) finished and it runs great on my machine. I wanted to give it some friends for testing
but it fails to run.
It reports a COM-Error when trying to activate it.

So it get's installed correctly, all registry settings are there. I guessit's a missing COM object or wrong version of the .net
framework. How can I figure out what the problem is?

When I try to install it on a fresh Windows Vista or Windows 7 System with just Office 2007 SBE everything works fine.

Best
Tom

Please, refer to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908002

Make sure your firend's machine has above KB downloaded & installed,
You need the proper extenisbility dll support.

Thanks,
Baji.

K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

What Outlook PIA does it reference? Where it fails is the same version of
Outlook deployed? Do you check for PIA's, Framework and Extensibility?

Is this a shared addin or VSTO?

You need to provide complete information if you want help.

Also, see the troubleshooting article and the information about the Fusion
loader at
http://blogs.msdn.com/vsod/archive/2008/04/22/Troubleshooting-com-add-in-load-failures.aspx.
If all else fails that can tell you what's not loading.

E

escamoteur

Thanks a lot for the Pointer:

@Ken: I didn't know which information is need, otherwise I would have provided it at the first post.

What I don't understand that it runs with two clean installations without any Updates installed.

But I will check everything you mentioned first
Best
Tom

Ask a Question