Problems with Publishing my site to ISP server via Frontpage Services

G

Hi.

Would appreciate help with a problem that has been driving me nuts for the last month or so.

I am a non IT person who set up a website after reading a manual and by trail and error. I upload the my site using an FTP program called Filezilla.

I then read that it was possible to create a feedback form, so I tried to design one, with the results saved to a text file. It did not work and my ISP - Streamline.net said I need to purchase Frontpage Server
Extentsion for £25 for the form to work. I did this but still no joy, I then read that for it too work I need to publish via Frontpage selecting the top option Frontpage as Remote Web Server type.

I have consistently got an error message when I try to do this. My ISP have been no help, below is a cut and paste for all the correspondence I have had with them. Latest reply os shown at the top!
----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your query.
We do not support sharepoint services on our hosting packages,
Kind Regards,
Support Department
Streamline.Net - The home of good value web hosting

--------------------------

I repeat what I posted several days ago on this ticket.

From Frontpage I do File_Publish. Then I select "Remote Web server type" Frontpage or Sharepoint Services and in the box named "Remote web site location: I put http://www.iic-g.co.uk

I then get an error message "Unable to open http://www.iic-g.co.uk.
Server error: The web server at "http://www.iic-g.co.uk"doesn't appear to have Windows Sharepoint Services installed
Possible causes:
1. The webserver maynot have frontpage extensions installed
2. The webserver maybe temporarily out of service.
3. If you are connecting through a proxy server, the proxy settings maybe incorrect.
4. An error may have occurred in the web server.

P.S. I am not using a proxy server!!!

In the past I have used FTP to upload my site, but I have not recently while I have been trying to get this issue sorted.
Hi,

Thanks for your query.
WHat settings are you using and do you use FTP?

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Just tried again, got the same old error message.

You have still not corrected this error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi
Thanks for your query.

We have reset the Extensions but they have been active previously as stated,

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Neither my server or frontpage is active!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the fact this ticket has been open for months the same error messsage is appearing.

This needs to be sorted now, if not how do we get a refund of our money? We have paid for frontpage extensions and you have failed to deliver these despite taking our money.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 the buyer is entitled to a product which is fit for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied. At the moment you are in breach of this. Please sort it out by a thorough investigation that doesn't involve a reply which is the same as you gave me a month ago or a one line response. Take action to resolve this so that I do not need to receive a refund!!!!

I am running short of patience!!!!!

Hi
Thanks for your query.

Your server and frontpage should be fully active.
Kind Regards,
Support Department

based on details on a microsoft support page I tried to locate the following file on the server _vti_inf.html.

It doesn't exist!! Please double check server health and that all frontpage extensions (that I have paid for!!) are installed in full and correctly!!

Hi
Thanks for your query.
The following settings will be needed when publishing this website with Microsoft FrontPage.

Publish location: www.iic-g.co.uk
Username: iic-g
Password: xxxxxxxx

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Thank you for your latest update.
To be honest I am very disappointed at the level of response and service from Streamline. This question has been bounced back numerous times over recent weeks and I am still getting the same error message! Your most recent update just lists items supported. What use is that to Me?!
I am not even getting to the stage of being able to connect to the server and enter my user id & password so I fail to see how a list of supported functions will help me.
Right at the start of this ticket you stated "You will need to order the FrontPage Extensions in order for the feedback form to work" I have paid the money to get the extensions and yet I still can't log on to the server and see if my form works.
Please allocate an experienced resource to review this query in detail and provide a detailed reasoned answer to resolve this; another terse one line response will not be helpful!

Thank you.

Hi

Thanks for your query.
Please see the following page for the features that are supported in frontpage:
http://www.streamlinesupport.net/index.php?page=show&id=83

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Microsoft Office Front Page 2003 (11.6552.6568) SP2

As per the about from help on the menu.

Deos this help at all?

Hi
Thanks for your query.
Can you confirm the version of frontpage you are currently using?

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Tried last night and again this evening. I still get the same error message.

Any idea what is wrong?

Hi
Thanks for your query.
We have made some changes to your frontpage extensions this should resolve the issue.

Kind Regards,
Support Department

From Frontpage I do File_Publish. Then I select "Remote Web server type" Frontpage or Sharepoint Services and in the box named "Remote web site location: I put http://www.iic-g.co.uk

I then get an error message "Unable to open http://www.iic-g.co.uk.
Server error: The web server at "http://www.iic-g.co.uk"doesn't appear to have Windows Sharepoint Services installed
Possible causes:
1. The webserver maynot have frontpage extensions installed
2. The webserver maybe temporarily out of service.
3. If you are connecting through a proxy server, the proxy settings maybe incorrect.
4. An error may have occurred in the web server.

P.S. I am not using a proxy server!!!

Hi
Thanks for your query.

What errors are you getting?

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Have tried yesterday and again today but still can't publish through Frontpage!!

Any idea what the problem is.

Hi
Thanks for your query.

Each time you use FTp to upload your files it causes the extensions to crash, which means there will not work, and have to be reset. We have now reset these for you.

Kind Regards,
Support Department

As mentioned earlier. All the existing files I have uploaded have been via FTP. However my understanding is that for a form to work it has to be via frontpage so the frontpage extentsions work properly.
The existing form (uploaded via FTP) doesn't work online, however I assume if I ever manage to upload it through the frontpage publish route the form should work.

Look forward to your response

Hi
Thanks for your query.

Do you use FTP to upload your files to the server?

Kind Regards,
Support Department

I do not connect via a corporate network or anything like that.
I do have a firewall but it is set to allow Frontpage to connect to outside sources. Just to double check I turned the firewall off on my pc and still got the same error message.

Hi
Thanks for your query.

Do you have a firewall or similar installed? Or do you connect to the internet via a corporate network (or similar)?

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Just tried again, I get the same error message!!

What could be stopping Frontpage from publishing?

Please investigate a put somebody on this who is knows what they are doing with Frontpage!!

Hi
Thanks for your query.

We have made some changes to the server this issue should now have beeen resolved.

Kind Regards,
Support Department

just tried again several times, it is still not working!!!

I get the same error message pop up box as before !!

What is wrong!!!!!

Please... please...please... investigate thoroughly and work out why it is not working. Look forward to your answer.

Hi
Thanks for your query.

We have reset the Frontpage extensions on this domain, you should now be able to use Frontpage to upload to your site.

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Hi.

Publishing via frontpage to www.iic-g.co.uk using the option "remote web server type" - "Frontpage or Sharepoint services" produces an error message saying "unable to open server error". Possible causes:

Frontpage server extensions not installed
webserver out of service

As I can connect via FTP the server can't be down, I understand I can't connect via FTP as the extensions will not work. I do not get as far as the option to enter username and password!

Please run server health jobs and double check Frontpage extensions are installed on my account (i have paid for them!!)

Decent, well explained answer please I am frustrated that my form will not work !!

Hi
Thanks for your query.

FrontPage Extensions settings
The following settings will be needed when publishing this website with Microsoft FrontPage.

Publish location: www.iic-g.co.uk
Username: iic-g
Password: xxxxxxx
Kind Regards,
Support Department

We have purchased the Front Page Extensions in order to try and get our feedback form to work. Please can you please confirm that they are now set up on our account. If so will our form work or do I need to further work on it?

Hi
Thanks for your query.

You will need to order the FrontPage Extensions in order for the feedback form to work,

Kind Regards,
Support Department

Have you seen our new support centre? You can visit it at: http://www.streamlinesupport.net

iic-g.co.uk is registered by us.
iic-g.co.uk is not on our hosting system.
---------
I have a created a form page in Frontpage at http://www.iic-g.co.uk/Feedback.htm. But I get the following error when I test it.

"You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed"

Is it because I have set up the page incorrectly or because our account doesn't have the required frontpage extensions?
---------

As you can see I have been trying really hard to get my ISP to resolve this. I did use http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324843

Everything went well until test 4 when _vti_inf.html. doesn't seem to exist.

Any ideas would be very gratefully appreciated. Is it Streamline's (my ISP) fault , if so what should I tell them to do!!

Ask a Question