Problems with same month previous year measure

T

Trevor

I have defined numerous calculated measures in AS to display the value of a measure that is in the same month but previous year (i.e. If I am showing April 2004, the calculated field shows April 2003). I have used the following MDX formula in the calculated measure

Sum({ParallelPeriod([Time Month].[Financial Year], 1)}, [Measures].[Amount]

I use OWC to display the cube

My problem happens when selecting more than one month in the time dimension in the Filter Area of the OWC. The drop down now reflects 'Multiple items' and the Last Year Measure is empty. If I move the Time Dimension into the Row or Column Area, it works fine because the multiple items are split out into separate rows or columns. Is there anyway that I can change the MDX formula to not be limited to single months. In other words no matter what members I select in the Filter Area, the formula will always return the same values from the previous years set.

O

Ofri

Hi Trevo

As I know, OWC, as does Excel-Pivottable, creates a temporary set for your multiselection. This set doesn't have a 'previous year' since it only has an "all level". There is no solution for this problem.

Ask a Question