Product Needed: OUTLOOK MOBILE for MAC

S

sabino

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel This message is followup to a similar posting on this forum. I made a few revisions but more importantly, wanted the Subject or Topic to be more specific & clear.

Below are comments I sent as Feedback to Microsoft's Mac Business Unit (MacBU). I DO understand that this forum is for peer-to-peer discussion. I am sharing my Feedback here to solicit ideas, discussion, and maybe . . . . generate interest or demand for a product.

= = = = = = - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After reading quite a few posts on Microsoft's Peer-to-Peer Forums (re: Office/Entourage), it is even more clear that interoperability between desktop and handheld/mobile devices is a huge & persistent pain for many. Two of the threads relating to this topic have even continued for over a year and a half.

Syncing various types data in a reliable and robust way is badly needed for even "non-power" users, and much more so for busness users. Most of the solutions being used are work-arounds or compromises.

Syncing is a tricky enough process going to a Win-Mobile device, but going from a desktop/laptop to an Apple Mobile device (iPhone/iPod Touch/ and now iPad) is wholly unsatisfactory. The data becomes altered or disaggregated with loss of Linkages, Categories, etc.

I have a suggestion / request for a product that is badly needed and has no real market competition at present.

MICROSOFT OUTLOOK MOBILE for MAC

Those of us professional & business Mac users who use (and rely on) the Microsoft's Office suite on our desktops & laptops have no way to *properly* use our Outlook/Entourage data on any of the Mac mobile devices.

Apple's applications iCal, Addressbook & Mail are really inadequate substitutes.
1) They are separate freestanding apps whose data are not integrated or linked as in Entourage/Outlook.

2) They do not have robust nor fully developed features to satisfy serious users. It's like using NotePad or TextEdit instead of WORD

3) Presently, I can sync Office for Mac _to_ Office on a Windows Mobile device. Heck, with MS Office Mac 2004, I can still even sync to a Palm OS device!!
 But alas... there is no way to 'fully' sync Outlook or Entourage for Mac _to_ a Mac Mobile device. If it could, this would run on iPod Touch, iPhones and now the iPad !!!
The iPad could be a great platform for Office Mobile for Mac in both school and enterprise settings, or at least for OUTLOOK MOBILE for MAC
There's a market need here that's not presently being met by Apple, Microsoft nor anyone. Relying on web-based solutions has the limitation & disadvantage that data access and productive work time would not being available when not connected to the web. A mobile app counterpart to Outlook/Entourage is needed.

Ask a Question