Project 2003 SDK for MSP Standard, C# use

A

Adam

Hi

I want to program a user-defined form similar to the Task Form which can be displayed below the Gantt Chart. I understand that I must use a COM Add-In.

Funny enough, the SDK 2000 / 2002 use VB 6.0, and I only have MS VStudio .NET! If I could, I would like to use C#.NET to do that and hoped that it is supported in the Project 2003 SDK.

But - I can't find anything about programming the Project Standard with the SDK. The description at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8C-8BCA-4DB9-8753-178C0D3099C5&displaylang=en

says

Microsoft Office Project 2003 SDK contents
Solution Starters provide extensive [...] integrate other applications with Project Server.

Which means that there is nothing there that relates to the Standard version of the MSP

Does it mean that I have to use the MSP 2000 / 2002 SDK? What about the VB 6.0 problem

Cheers

Adam

R

Rod Gill

If all you want is a new form, you can create UserForms in Project's VBA.
They are not very powerful however.

For more details on COM Add-ins, search www.msdn.microsoft.com

--
For VBA posts, please use the public.project.developer group.
For any version of Project use public.project
For any version of Project Server use public. project.server

Rod Gill
Project MVP
For Microsoft Project companion projects, best practices and Project VBA
development services
visit www.projectlearning.com/
Adam said:
Hi,

I want to program a user-defined form similar to the Task Form which can
be displayed below the Gantt Chart. I understand that I must use a COM
Add-In.
Funny enough, the SDK 2000 / 2002 use VB 6.0, and I only have MS VStudio
..NET! If I could, I would like to use C#.NET to do that and hoped that it is
supported in the Project 2003 SDK.
But - I can't find anything about programming the Project Standard with the SDK. The description at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8C-8BCA-4DB9-8753-178C0D3099C5&displaylang=en

says:

Microsoft Office Project 2003 SDK contents:
Solution Starters provide extensive [...] integrate other applications with Project Server.

Which means that there is nothing there that relates to the Standard version of the MSP.

Does it mean that I have to use the MSP 2000 / 2002 SDK? What about the VB 6.0 problem?

Cheers -

Adam

Ask a Question