Project Server 2007 Groups not Synchronizing with AD

• Thread starter Michelle Hoxsie
  • Start date
M

Michelle Hoxsie

In my production instance, I have 2 security groups that synchronize with AD. This week, they no longer synchronize.

There are no errors. AND, the training instance has exact same setup - the sync works fine in that instance. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...8-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx

M

Michelle Hoxsie

My apologies. Only one of the 2 security groups will not sync. I removed the AD groups from both security groups, and saved. Then I added the AD groups back, saved, and forced a sync. One group synchronized, and the other did not. Again, there are no errors in the queue, so I am not sure what to go on.
Additional clarification: The sync for this one "problem" AD group is successful in our dev (set up only last week, on a separate server from training/prod) and training instances. It is only the production instance that does not sync. Has anyone else encountered something like this before?

Michelle Hoxsie wrote:

Project Server 2007 Groups not Synchronizing with AD
04-May-10

In my production instance, I have 2 security groups that synchronize with AD. This week, they no longer synchronize.

There are no errors. AND, the training instance has exact same setup - the sync works fine in that instance. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...7af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx

B

Ben Howard [MVP]

Hi Michelle,

The best place to look for further errors is in the ULS logs, though you
might need to configure the settings on them in the 1st instance so that they
capture the AD Sync event. This is a job for your WSS administrator and is
done via Central Admin.

Ask a Question