Project was unable to establish a connection with the project serv

S

Sanita

Hello!
I install Project Server 2003. I did everything, what is written in Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 Installation Guide.

Now the problem is – when I want connect to Project Server 2003 through Project Professional 2003 (in Enterprise mode) - I get error message:

Project was unable to establish a connection with the selected project server. This could be caused by a loss of network connectivity, invalid user name or password, lack of enterprise global template, or problems with the Project Server, or database, or your project server may not have enterprise features enabled.

So, it’s mean that I can work only in offline mode (of course I can publish projects etc, but I need, that its work in Enterprise mode!!!)

I can connect to Project Server 2003 through Project Web Access successfully. But I can’t do it through Project Professional 2003. Why?

On my computer I install Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, Project Professional 2003, Project Server 2003. Also SQL Server 2000, Analysis Services, Windows SharePoint Services.

With user accounts also everything is fine. In Project Web Access I made Project Server authentication account. I made account also in Project Professional, when I write Project Server URL and press “Test Connection†button, everything is OK.

I already check everything in www.microsoft.com. Nothing help!

1. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837653 – nothing

2. This - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823617, doesn’t help, because this description is about Project Server 2002, but in Project Server 2003 this window look different.

And enterprise features are enable.

I look over Internet and could not find answer to my question. Maybe you have some solution.

Please HELP!

S

Sanita

Thanks for answer:)

At first I can’t connect to Project Server from server and others workstations too with Project professional. But I reinstall all…

Now from server I can connect form Project Professional to Project Server, but I can’t do it from others workstations :). What is the reason of it? Please HELP!

And how to restore enterprise global?

N

news.microsoft.com

Check permissions for the user trying to connect.
They must be allowed read access to the enterprise global template or you
will find they cannot connect from MS project.

Sanita said:
Thanks for answer:)

At first I can't connect to Project Server from server and others
workstations too with Project professional. But I reinstall all.
Now from server I can connect form Project Professional to Project Server,
but I can't do it from others workstations :). What is the reason of it?
Please HELP!
And how to restore enterprise global?
Project Pro 2003. If this does not work, you have a corrupted enterprise
global. You simply need to restore this file. If you have any questions
contact me.through Project Professional 2003 (in Enterprise mode) - I get error
message:server. This could be caused by a loss of network connectivity, invalid user
name or password, lack of enterprise global template, or problems with the
Project Server, or database, or your project server may not have enterprise
features enabled.Edition, Project Professional 2003, Project Server 2003. Also SQL Server
2000, Analysis Services, Windows SharePoint Services.made Project Server authentication account. I made account also in Project
Professional, when I write Project Server URL and press "Test Connection"
button, everything is OK.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823617, doesn't
help, because this description is about Project Server 2002, but in Project
Server 2003 this window look different.

Ask a Question