Protect workbook for Windows option is grayed out in Excel 2013

A

Andra Sandru

I work in Excel 2013, under Windows 8, and when I access the Review - Protect Workbook, in the "Protect Structure and Windows" window, the "Windows" option is grayed out. My workbook is not shared or protected in any other way. I tried creating a new workbook to see what happens: even if I have absolutely no content in the workbook, the "Windows" option is still grayed out.. Can anyone please give me an idea as to why the option is not available? Thank you.

I

isabelle

hi Andra,

have you looked here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/office-2013-known-issues-HA102919019.aspx
in hope that you will find the solution at this page

isabelle

Le 2013-09-02 07:28, Andra Sandru a écrit :
I work in Excel 2013, under Windows 8, and when I access the Review - Protect Workbook, in the "Protect Structure and Windows" window, the "Windows"

option is grayed out. My workbook is not shared or protected in any
other way. I tried creating a new workbook to see what happens:

even if I have absolutely no content in the workbook, the "Windows"
option is still grayed out. Can anyone please give me an idea as to why
the option is not available? Thank you.

A

Andra Sandru

hi Andra,

have you looked here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/office-2013-known-issues-HA102919019.aspx

in hope that you will find the solution at this page

isabelle

Le 2013-09-02 07:28, Andra Sandru a �crit :

option is grayed out. My workbook is not shared or protected in any

other way. I tried creating a new workbook to see what happens:

even if I have absolutely no content in the workbook, the "Windows"

option is still grayed out. Can anyone please give me an idea as to why

the option is not available? Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. And yes, I have checked the links you mentioned and others as well. But I cannot find any mention of the option being grayed-out. Everywhere I looked the option was available, as far as I could see from the screenshot. I did a Google search for this wierd problem and did not find anything. I seem to be the only person in the world with this particular problem.

T

tivoenator

I work in Excel 2013, under Windows 8, and when I access the Review - Protect Workbook, in the "Protect Structure and Windows" window, the "Windows"option is grayed out. My workbook is not shared or protected in any other way. I tried creating a new workbook to see what happens: even if I have absolutely no content in the workbook, the "Windows" option is still grayed out. Can anyone please give me an idea as to why the option is not available? Thank you.

Its to do with the Single Document Interface (new in Excel 2013) see this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn251093.aspx under "Deprecating Protect Workbook Windows"

Ask a Question