Recovering corrupt powerpoint file in Office 2008

H

hepchic

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I saved my ppt and printed to pdf and all seemed fine. I even scp'd it to a webserver. The next morning my Mac was acting up (expose' stopped working) so I decided to reboot ahead of my meeting. When I tried to open back up my presentation I got the error that the file was corrupt, or that it has a file type different than the extension, or its in use, or its not a recognized file type. I downloaded the other copy I had on the web and same thing. The strange thing is that it printed to pdf ok before ppt closed down upon the reboot. How does one try to recover a "corrupt file" (which I'm pretty sure is not actually corrupted, or rather it was fine enough to print to pdf before closing). What can I try? I tried inserting slides into a blank. I need to somehow use this touted xml feature of 2008 or try to open it without an extension or something. Keynote doesn't work either. Tips?

F

FrankRP

Did you save in the new pptx format? I've been consistently unable to open files saved in this format even though I just created them. I have to save in the old format to ensure I can open the file again.

It's amazing that the new version of PP can't even open files that it created.

Frank Parth

Ask a Question