Red cross after saving pptx

G

Gabriele

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: intel

Hi,
I have been using Powerpoint 2008 for one week and today I experienced a weird problem.
I was working on a ppt created in Powerpoint for Windows and modified with Powerpoint for Mac 2004. No problem as long as I saved the presentation in .ppt format (97/2004). As I tried to save in .pptx, apparently everything was fine, but as I tried to re-open the presentation, a message like "Can't read the .pptx" appeared, and many slides were corrupted (the famous red X's instead of pictures). Then it looked Powerpoint went unstable, like it can't save or open other files, etc.
An empirical test makes me think that the critical slides are those including pictures imported like "Document", or OLE objects like Excel graphs.
In fact, it looks I don't get the same problems when saving in .pptx an "old" file that includes only text and jpg's.
Is this a known issue, and are there any fixes?
I am running the Italian version of Office 2008:mac, and the software is up to date.
Thanks a lot,
Gabriele

Ask a Question