Rejected Hours not showing in PWA

V

VJ

We are using MS office Project 2003/SP3 and SQL2005 database. This is been happning to multiple users

Resource Enters 40 hours(8 hours a day) for a Task and submits it.
Project Managers Rejects the 40 hours for the resource.
When the Resource opens the PWA (Project Web Access), Resource doesn't see any hours in PWA (Resource should have seen 40 hours that were rejected)
In PWA Actuals Hours shows 40 hours and Remaining Hours as 40 hours, After PM rejected the hours, it should have shown Actual Hours as 80 and Remaining hours as 0

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

G

Gary L. Chefetz

VJ:

Digging around in the way-back machine in my head here: Have the PM
republish the assignment choosing to overwrite actual work in PWA. There's a
checkbox in the republish window for that.

V

VJ

Gary, Thanks for your reply,
Is there a permanent fix for this, this is happning to many resources, why are hours not showing up in the PWA. This used to work fine before(SQL2000)we migrated to SQL2005, I remember if the PM rejects the hours, i could see the hours in PWA and i had to manually remove it from PWA. Did something get changed in the settings

G

Gary L. Chefetz

VJ:

I don't think so. Perhaps the PM didn't publish the changes? I've been so
immersed in 2010 that I'm really losing my 2003 knowledge at this point.

V

VJ

Gary, Why should PM Publish the changes after rejecting it,This is what i think should have happen,Once the hours are rejected by PM, Resource has to zero out the hours in PWA and click on updateAll button. PM has to then accept the zeroed hours. why is PWA not showing the rejected hours. Do you have any document that explains this scnerio

V

VJ

I found out that the following tables MSP_WEB_ASSIGNMENTS and MSP_WEB_WORK (Actual Hours and Remaining hours) are not getting updated when the PM Rejects the task, Any idea why the tables are not getting updated. Is there any trigger associated with those tables

Ask a Question