Remote Desktop connection is not working on Macbook

M

mkoilor

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

I'm having trouble with remote desktop on my Macbook version 10.5.6. I'm trying to remote to a Windows XP computer. I'm able to connect to the VPN but when I click connect on the Remote Desktop I get the following message.

"The client could not connect to remote computer.
Either remote connections are not enabled, the maximum number of
connections was exceeded, or a network error occurred.

Try connecting again later or contact your administrator."

I took my Mac to my job and was able to remote using a Sprint wireless card (this was the only time I used the Remote Desktop connection), but then when I got home I couldn't remote. I'm wondering if there are certain security settings that are not allowing me to remote from home or was the one time connection at my job an anomaly and there's more to this error I'm getting. Any help would be much appreciated.

H

Hesselberg

Hi,

This is probably not much of a help, but just some info on the RDC:

I use it 4-5 times per week, and with no problems at all. I modified nothing at installation. However, it seems as if the RDC sometimes causes the remote XP PC to crash, and I have to wait 3-5 minutes to contact the remote PC again. When I contact the remote PC using a PC running XP, it never crashes.

Ask a Question