Removing {PAGE/*MERGEFORMAT} from my microsoft document

Discussion in 'Word' started by JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE, Mar 29, 2017.

1. JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

Pls, I have been working on a document on microsoft word . Just today , I started seeing {PAGE/*MERGEFORMAT} . The references of the document has also been removed and joined to the body of the write up in a disorderly meaningless fashion. I need your urgent help on how to remove this from my write up and get the original document back please.
    E.g
    Seeing this in the body of my write up:
    therapy</keyword></keywords><dates><year>1990</year><pub-dates><date>May</date></pub-dates></dates><isbn>0024-7758 (Print)&#xD;0024-7758 (Linking)</isbn><accession-num>2352247</accession-num><urls><related-...

Thanks for your anticipated helpful response.

JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE, Mar 29, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

macropod Microsoft MVP

You have Word's field code display toggled 'on'. Pressing Alt-F9 toggles it on/off. The setting can also be controlled via File>Options>Advanced>Show Document Content>Shoe field codes instead of their values.

macropod, Mar 30, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

Thanks much. You response realy helped.

JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE, Mar 31, 2017
  4. JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

Bill38017

I am having the same problem. I did all the steps listed and the document displayed the page number. However, when I print the page, I still get {PAGE\*MERGEFORMAT}. i tried both options as described. I can toggle back and forth between the actual page number and the MERGEFORMAT phrase but the document still will not print the number. Suggestions?
    Thanks

Bill38017, Oct 10, 2018
  5. JAYEOLA DAVID KEHINDE

macropod Microsoft MVP

Evidently, you have Word configured to print field codes instead of their values. See under File|Options|Advanced>Print.

macropod, Oct 10, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question