Repeat text automatically

E

Eldar

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I want to create a template where I can enter a document title on the first page, and then repeat the title automatically other places in the document, BUT with another formatting (smaller font size).

A REF-field will as far as I see use the same formatting as the original input at the first page.

Any suggestions?

E

Eldar

Thanks, this was helpful. I'm almost there, but there is stil one more issue:

I added "\* Charformat" to a cross reference-field.

The complete fieldcode is:
"REF Title \*Charformat"
(without quotes) where "Title" is the name of a bookmark.

Was that what you ment?

This alows me to keep the formatting different as far as font, bold etc. BUT if the paragraph with the original text is centered, I can't have the cross reference left-aligned. (It becomes centered too when the field is updated...)

Any suggestions for this too..?

One more question: Where can I find an overview/list with all the different fieldcodes/switches? I searched "Help", but with no luck?

Eldar

M

macropod

Hi Eldar,

Yes, {REF Title \*Charformat} will control the cross-reference's format. Actually, only the 'R' in 'REF' needs to have the desired
format (see Word's Help File). As its name implies though, the Charformat switch only controls the character formatting - it does
nothing about the paragraph formatting - and there's no paragraph formatting switch. Paragraph formatting is controlled by the
format of the paragraph in which the cross-reference is located.

If you need to have the cross-reference centred, one way you could go about that is to use line-feeds before & after the
cross-reference, plus a tab immediately before the cross-reference (you may need more than one tab, depending on how many other
tab-stops there are before the centring one), combined with a centring tab stop for the paragraph. Otherwise, the best option is
probably to insert the cross-reference in a centred paragraph all on its own.

Ask a Question