Resize the cross reference window

J

JHB

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
Processor: intel

I use cross references continuously. But, the cross reference window is very small (and the font used is very small). I have never been able to find a way to resize this window - I'd love to be able to keep it open stretched from the top to bottom of my screen.

Is there a way, and I've missed it (or it isn't documented).

Thank you!

C

CyberTaz

Most dialog boxes don't offer that type of flexibility. If you can provide
some detail about how such a capability would be beneficial use Help> Send
Feedback to submit a suggestion/feature request to MS - those who make such
decisions will never see the messages here:)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

J

JHB

I'll submit the feature request. The reason why, (since apparently it was obscure, to my surprise) is that I often work with documents that use two or three hundred cross reference (or more). It would be great to be able to stretch the dialog box vertically on the side of my larger (30") monitor to be able to get rapid access to the heading or numbered paragraph with the reference.

The cross reference dialog is poorly designed for frequent use - tiny arrows for scrolling and a tiny typeface all packed in a mini window.

I don't agree that all windows of this type are small, just in word processing programs. An audio editing application that I use keeps listed items in a fully resizeable window (although the type is also tiny)& I've used graphic editors that also allow supplemental windows to be resized.

Being able to resize all windows allows writers to harness the power of MS Word consistent with their individual requirements!

Thanks for your comment anyway, at least I know I didn't miss something.

JB

C

CyberTaz

Hi JB -

I wasn't questioning your need at all. In fact, I not only understand but
also agree that I would be a very beneficial capability. What I meant was
for you to express that to MS through the Send Feedback feature - the more
persuasive the feedback the more likely to be considered. It's quite
unlikely that the necessary parties will see the request here:)

And as far as the point pertaining to sizing, I was simply using MS dialogs
as the frame of reference. Sorry I wasn't more explicit:)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Ask a Question