Resizing/Rescaling an Org Chart

Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend with a setup issue.
My friend had previously created a drawing (Visio 2010) that was set up on 11x17 printer paper.
She has been directed to bring it down to fit a normal 11x8.5 (landscape), but has been using various "tricks" at the copier to make the final product instead of adjusting the settings to resize it.

Unfortunately I have some experience with Visio, but cannot seem to find the combination needed to make this work.

The diagram itself doesn't have to be a particular scale- it's a company org chart - but my attempts to adjust size and scaling options so that the diagram both prints on a 11x8.5 and shows correctly on an 11x8.5 drawing sheet have failed so far.

Ideally I'd like to figure a way to scale the drawing up or down so she can print this diagram at a variety of sizes (or at least for now, specifically at 11x8.5), all without having to re-do every single shape in the chart, which has a lot of Non-traditional drawn lines.

Because this is confidential, I can't post images. However, I created a chart describing the 3 versions I have, what they look like printed and what settings were used to print it. I'll list it below in this format:

#) File Name;
Print Setup Tab;
Page Size Tab
"Result" Print Out Description;

1)
A. "....Orig"
B. "Printer paper - 8x5x11, landscape, Zoom: fit to exact 1 sheet"
C. "Custom; 17x11, landscape, Print zoom: fit to exact 1 sheet"
Result: The original, when printed, looks almost normal, and would be acceptable, except that the diagram does not start at the top of the page- there is an abnormal top margin. This is the initial presenting problem.

2)
A. "....A"
B. "Printer paper - 8x5x11, landscape, Print zoom: fit to exact 1 sheet"
C. "Pre-defined size; Standard, Ledger: 17x11, landscape, Print zoom: fit to exact 1 sheet"
Result: The original, when printed, looks almost normal, and would be acceptable, except that the diagram does not start at the top of the page- there is an abnormal top margin.

3)
A. "....B"
B. "Printer paper - 8x5x11, landscape, Print zoom: Adjust to 100% (also tried fit 1 sheet by 1 sheet.), Print zoom: None"
C. "Pre-defined size; Standard, Letter: 11x8.5, landscape, Print zoom: None"
Result: The diagram prints much too large, overflowing the paper's margins and edge. If I change the print zoom to fit 1 sheet by 1 sheet, it makes no difference and prints the same as File A.

Ask a Question